Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My Great Summer at Fort Fisher-- Part 1

I am reading my journal from 1982, thirty years ago, and found that was when I spent a fantastic two whole weeks at Carolina Beach, spending my time jogging, swimming, sitting out on the beach, doing research at Fort Fisher and visiting the Blockade Runner Museum and enjoying the nightlife.  (I started my journal back in the summer of 1978 and sure wish I'd been keeping it before that.  It is amazing what I forget.)

That was one great way to spend some time.

I was just getting started in my deejay business and teaching school in Round Lake, Illinois.  I stayed for two weeks at Aunt Anna Mae's cottage on Carolina Beach's Southern Extension.  The first week was with my parents and the second with my brother and sister and their families.

Why, one day I even jogged to Fort Fisher.

I'll Be Going Back Into the Journal and Writing My Fort Fisher-related experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment