Friday, August 10, 2012

It Happened Again

One little search ended up being two hours and still didn't get it all.  As I said before, no wonder it takes so long to do these things.

Earlier today, I posted about a group of Confederate Veterans taking a 48th anniversary excursion to Fort Morgan guarding the entrance of Mobile Bay on the 49th anniversary of the battle.

I thought there was just one UCV (United Confederate Veterans) camp in Mobile, Camp 11 Raphael Semmes.  Turns out, there was a second one, Camp 675 Jones M. Withers (part of the name mentioned in the article about the excursion, the other being Buchanan).

Never heard of this Withers guy either.  Had to do research.

Then, while looking at the lost of UCV camps, I came across that of No. 797, the Thomas Ruffin Camp from Goldsboro NC, my hometown.  Never heard of it or him, so had to, of course, do some research.

Two Hours Later and NO Blog Entries.  --Old B-R'er

No comments:

Post a Comment