Monday, June 15, 2015

In Search of "Local Character John Potter-- Part 7 "A Crazy Guy"

Huc-a-Poo's owner, Eric Thomas, says, "Potter's a crazy guy, but added, "He's also a lovable guy."

As to his coming clean about the CSS Georgia photo hoax, he said that after his brother's death by suicide: "I'm not in good health.  I didn't want to drop dead and carry that to my grave..  I didn't intend to hurt or embarrass anybody, because I really love history."

He added:  "But there's still a lesson there: Do your dang homework."  Well, with just a photo of the photo it would not seem likely that anyone could authenticate it.  A picture of the picture accompanied the article and I sure couldn't tell if it was fake or not.

Supposedly the original photo was destroyed when Potter tried to take it out of the frame.  maybe it was, maybe it wasn't.

One More Tale to Tell.  --Old B-Runner

No comments:

Post a Comment