Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Road Trippin' to Laurel Hill Cemetery in Philadelphia

From Wikipedia.

While researching the West Laurel Hill Cemetery, I found out it was a part of the larger Laurel Hill Cemetery in Philadelphia.  I figured I might as well look there for notables while Road Trippin'.

There were some, including naval officers who served during the War of 1812 which included the commander of the USS Constitution in its famed battle with the HMS Guerriere, Isaac Hull.  And, there were several other naval officers from the War of 1812, Mexican and Civil Wars.  

I'll write about the War of 1812 navy officers in my Not So Forgotten:  War of 1812 blog.

Also, Union General George Gordon Meade, the victor at the Battle of Gettysburg is buried there.

Any naval officer connected to the Civil War will be listed in this blog.

--Old B-R'er


No comments:

Post a Comment