Sunday, February 18, 2024

Road Trippin' Through History; About the Cemetery Where Sgt. Binder Was Buried

One thing I do when I di these blogs is take a road trip through history from time to time.  That is when I take a post and see where it takes me.  In this case, I'll be writing about the USS Ticonderoga, on which the good sergeant was serving and also do some research also on the cemetery where he was buried, West Laurel Hill,  and see if there is anyone buried there of interest.

 There is quite a long article in Wikipedia about this cemetery in Bela Cynwyd, Pennsylvania, west of Philadelphia.  It was established in 1869 and has 200 acres.  It is affiliated with the nearby Laurel Hill Cemetery in Philadelphia.

Quite a few notable people and there is a long list of them.  I have heard of some of them and others are of definite interest.

There are several other Union soldiers who were awarded the Medal of Honor.

I will cover them in the next post.

--Old B-Runner


No comments:

Post a Comment