Wednesday, December 14, 2022

RoadTrippin' Thru History: Cypress Hills Cemetery

I have been RoadTrippin' Thru History on Alban C. Stimers, a Chief Engineer in the Union Navy, especially in regards to the USS Monitor and many other monitors.  It all started with an article about his great-great granddaughter who had a watch given him by the president of the United States in thanks for his work on monitors.

Then, I wrote about him.  The other day I found that he was buried at Cypress Hill Cemetery in Brooklyn, New York.  Whenever I find where a person is buried I go to that cemetery site and look to see if any other people of note or interest are buried there as well.  

This is all part of my RoadTrippin' Through History that I do in my blogs.  I start off with one story and keep looking to see where the story might take me.

In the next post I will write about some interesting people I found buried at Cypress Hill Cemetery.  Two of them was a well-known actress from the 1930s and a baseball player who broke the MLB Color Barrier.

--Old B-R'er


No comments:

Post a Comment