Sunday, April 4, 2021

Was John J. Guthrie, Jr. the Son of John J. Guthrie?

I brought this up two posts ago when I wrote about John Julius Guthrie Jr.  Obviously with a senior and junior attached to the same first, middle and last name, that is highly possible.  But, I was looking for more proof.

The last two entries were from the complete list of Confederate officers during the Civil War.  And, I see that both were on the floating battery CSS New Orleans at the same time.  So, father and son serving on the same ship?  Quite possible.

Then, I came across John J. Guthrie's (Senior) Find a Grave entry, and although it didn't list him as a senior, I did see the name John Julius Guthrie (1844-1903) who was buried at Cedar Grove Cemetery in Portsmouth, Virginia, the same place as his father.

However, there was no further information given about John Julius Guthrie, Jr., which would have helped immensely in determining if they were indeed father and son.

Indeed You Do.  --Old B-Runner


No comments:

Post a Comment