Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Henry Walton Grinnell Was Buried at ANC

In researching this man, I read that he had been buried at Arlington Cemetery, which, of course, led me to think Arlington National Cemetery, but when I went to that site, I couldn't find his name, so maybe it was another Arlington cemetery somewhere else.

Then, in the last post, I actually saw the words National Cemetery at Arlington.  But, again, I went to the site and couldn't find his name.

I finally went to my old standby for where folks are buried, Find A Grave, and typed in Arlington National Cemetery.  Once there, I typed in his name...and there he was.

He is listed

LIEUT HENRY WALTON GRINNELL

BIRTH: 19 Nov 1843

DEATH:  2 Sep 1920 (age 76)

BURIAL:  Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Virginia   Section 3, Site 4202

So, He Was.  --Old B-Runner


No comments:

Post a Comment