The other ship the Confederates captured 150 years ago at Calcasieu Pass, Louisiana, was the USS Wave.
It was built at Monogahela, Pennsylvania and launched in 1863 as the Argossy No. 2, purchased by the U.S. Navy and turned into a tinclad, mounting six guns. Assigned to the West Gulf Blockading Squadron and on April 24, 1864, was ordered, along with the USS Granite City, to the Calcasieu Pass to collect Confederate renegades for service in the U.S. Navy and to confiscate or destroy all items of use to the Confederate military.
It was captured on May 6, 1864.
The Confederates employed it as a cargo steamer. Its fate is not known, but believed to have been destroyed at end of the war to prevent capture.