Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Using the CWNC in This Blog


I didn't originally intend using this big book (The Civil War Naval Chronoly) in the blog, but when I started reading it on a day-by-day basis, I realized it gave the general feel of the way things were going throughout the war in the naval arena.

Even with Confederate ground forces scoring victories until July 1863, the same was not true of the situation along the coasts and rivers for the new country. Essdentially it was one loss and/or calamity after another. 

And now, the loss of the whole Mississippi River. I write about general naval matters, the big stories and anything relating to Wilmington, North Carolina.

I do leave many things out, so if you want to read them all, search for Civil War Naval Chronology which you can find at several sites.

--Old B-R'er

No comments:

Post a Comment