Friday, May 17, 2013

So, How Much Do You Know About the Naval War?

From the Civil War Talk Naval Forum.  There was a vote to determine how many people felt they were knowledgeable about different aspects of the Naval part of the war.

The Blockade and Blockade-Runners--  44%
Confederate Cruisers--  37%
Confederate Naval Operations in Europe--  28%
Western River Operations--  54%
Eastern Operations--  40%
Monitor and Merrimack (CSS Virginia)--  61%
Other Ironclads--  56%
Submarines--  49%
Torpedoes--   30%

I voted and had to say that I am somewhat knowledgeable in all these areas, but I continue to learn, with a lot of it from this blog.   For example, I had never heard of the cruiser CSS Georgia before I wrote about it recently.

How About You?  --Old B-Runner

No comments:

Post a Comment