Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A Mighty Good Time at Fort Fisher 30 Years Ago-- Part 2

AUGUST 3RD, 1982

Ran again without Julie.  She does not like to get up at 6:30 AM to run.  After swimming, I went to Fort Fisher and found still more material to copy.

Ron and Mary believe Gehrig is a poor site manager as he has been there for 17 tears and has done little in the way of improving the exhibits or making anything along the walking tour which would better enable persons to relate to the fort.


AUGUST 4TH, 1982

Ran to Fort Fisher with Julie and then back to Kure Beach.  Sat on the pier and walked back to Carolina Beach.  Seemed a very long walk back as the beach sand is very slanted and the only flat areas consist of the soft stuff.  Both are extremely hard on the feet.  Julie says she will not do this again.

I went to the Blockade-Runner where I stayed until Bob picked me up at 4:45.

Still Not Getting My Fisher Fill.  --Old B-Runner

No comments:

Post a Comment