Monday, September 10, 2012

My Great Summer at Fort Fisher-- Part 8

JULY 30, 1982, FRIDAY

"After lunch, Dad and I went to the Marine Resource Center at Fort Fisher to look at the artifacts recovered from the Monitor.  they have one-third of them on display there this summer and the rest at the other two centers along the North Carolina coast.

After that, he dropped me off at Fort Fisher and I did some more research.  Gehrig and I went through all the maps they had at the center about the fort and area.  That took well over an hour but was interesting.  I also copied down some more newspaper articles about Fort Fisher.

I am acquiring quite a bit of information about the subject this summer.  I will probably have too much for Bob to carry home.  He is always  very worried about how much people take because his company car is so small."

Old B-R'er

No comments:

Post a Comment