Wednesday, January 11, 2017

2017 Friends of Fort Fisher Descendants Reunion and Annual Meeting This Sauturday

The 2017 Friends of Fort Fisher (to which I belong) Descendants Reunion and Annual Meeting will be held this Saturday, January 14, at the Courtyard by Marriott Hotel at Carolina Beach, North Carolina, as a prelude to the events I mentioned in the previous post at the Fort Fisher State Historic Site in nearby Kure Beach.

Dr. Chris E. Fonvielle, author of many Fort Fisher books, will speak at 8:45 a.m. at the hotel's Cape Fear Room.

Then, several Fort Fisher descendants will speak about their ancestor's military service.

Again, I sure wish I could be there.  And, this year i will be closer than ever before, about 50 miles away at Topsial Beach, N.C.. where my family will be moving items out of my mom's beach condo in preparation to sell it.

Well, Maybe Next Year.  --Old B-R'er

No comments:

Post a Comment