Monday, April 22, 2013

How Much Do You Know About the Navy in the Civil War?

Very much like the War of 1812, the naval aspect of the Civil War is largely unknown to most people.  However, this is the part I find the most interesting, a big reason why I do this blog. 

At home, I have almost three shelves of Civil War Navy books along with a lot of other bits and pieces of information.

Actually, it was the Battle of Fort Fisher in North Carolina that started my interest in the Civil War, and with its huge naval aspect, not too surprising that I would be interested in it.  Plus, growing up during the Centennial, the ironclad CSS Neuse was raised from the Neuse Rver, which also got me interested in ironclads.

Guess I didn't have much of a chance.

Old B-Runner

No comments:

Post a Comment