Thursday, July 12, 2012

It's a Fort Fisher Second Saturday Thing

I've written about them, but now it appears I will finally get a chance to go to the North Carolina State Historical Sites Second Saturday series they offer during the summer, every second Saturday of the month.  And, it will be at my favorite Civil War site, Fort Fisher.

I'm here right now at Topsail Beach about fifty miles away, much less if I could go directly to the fort, but, unfortunately, the car does not do well in water.  And, I'm going to take advantage and finally see that huge 32-pounder coast defense gun fire from Sheppard's Battery in the fort, something I've wanted to do ever since they installed it.

I was really happy to read about the event taking place in today's Wilmington (NC) Star-News.

And, who knows, but hopefully we'll be able to catch Britt's Donuts at Carolina Beach open and get some of those absolutely-heaven morsels, two-three or so.

Old B-Runner

No comments:

Post a Comment