Monday, November 11, 2019

In Honor of Veterans Day: My Experience at the USS Constitution


The last two days I have been writing about five places you can visit to appreciate the service of our veterans in my Not So Forgotten:  War of 1812 blog.

One of them was the USS Constitution and I visited it, well went to it, but did not board it.

We were on a trip along the New England Coast from Boston through Maine and decided to go to this historic ship and tour it.  That is one beautiful ship.  All that rigging and tall masts.  We are fortunate that this ship was preserved for future generations.  And, I especially like the fact that it is still manned by active duty Navy personnel and is the oldest still-commissioned warship in the world, still capable of sailing under its own power.

And, it was still commissioned during the Civil War.

Sadly, however, the line was way too long and we just enjoyed looking at it.

Maybe, another time.

So, I Didn't Get To Go On It, But Saw It.  Beautiful Ship.  --Old B-Runner

No comments:

Post a Comment