Even though Brigadier general John A. McClernand "named" Ford Henry as Fort Foote, which never happened, there eventually was a real Fort Foote named after him. This one was built in 1863 to guard Washington, D.C..
It was built on Rozier's Bluff, overlooking the Potomac River and had the biggest guns in all of the capital's defenses.
After the war it was used as a prison and testing site for gunnery.
Some of its earthworks remain, as do two of the cannons.