Monday, May 11, 2015

In Search of This "Local Character"-- Part 1: Dive Bars and Huck-a-Poos

When I read the article in the last several posts about the CSS Georgia photo hoax, it was just a short time before my wife and I left to go to Savannah for my nieces's wedding.  Seeing the work on the CSS Georgia and visiting Old Fort Jackson a short distance downriver from the city was definitely on my list of things to do.

Then I read this article and about John Potter hanging out at a place called Huck-a-Poos on Tybee Island.  The name alone would get my interest in going to a place named that.  I looked it up and got the address, right on the main road onto the island, US-80.

After arrival in Savannah, before the wedding, we went to a place described as Savannah's ultimate dive bar, Pinkie Master's, and it sure lived up to its name.  We loved it.  Had it not been for driving through those frightening squares, we might have gone back.

Now, we had another target, a place named Huck-a-Poos.  Might this also be classified as a dive bar?  If John Potter hung out there, there was a good chance it was, especially with that picture on the wall.

In Search of John Potter, Had Us Fooled.  --Old B-R'er


No comments:

Post a Comment