Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Why I Have been Following the Civil War Naval Chronology So Closely

I did not start off to use this book at all, but then decided early on in this blog, back in 2012, to occasionally use it for big  "big events" and anything happening around Wilmington and the rest of North Carolina.

However, as I was looking at the book on a daily basis, I became aware that just concentrating on the big stuff and North Carolina was not sufficient to cover the true gamut of naval events so am now covering everything.

I understand that you can find whole months of the Civil War Naval Chronology printed on various sites around the internet, but this one breaks it down on a day-to-day basis, complete with headlines to make this more of an as-it-happened, in-real-time account of the often overlooked naval part of the war.

Plus, we are marking the 150th anniversary of the Civil War which ties in nicely.

--Old B-Runner

No comments:

Post a Comment