Friday, November 15, 2013

Wilmington, NC, in October 1863-- Part 14: Great Food, Lousy People


"The Citizens attempt to hide their disaffection by bullying about the injustice done to their State, and sigh after the flesh pots of the Yankees.

"This is a pleasant camp of mine, and fish and crabs and oysters come to the very doors, and the great Sea lashes his crested waves, and peeps over the banks into the quiet Sound right before me, but I would give all I have to be back in Virginia (even in the wilderness around Chancellorsville), where hearts are true, and blood is pure, and men, women & children are resolved to be free or to die.

"And, I'm Sure the Good Folks of North Carolina Would be More Than Happy to See Such a Miserable Man Go Home."

I'm Still Thinking He Struck Out With Mr. Kidder's Daughter. --Old B-Rer

No comments:

Post a Comment