From the U.S. Coast Guard site.
80 feet long, 23 foot beam, 93 tons, constructed 1856 by Page and Allen of Portsmouth, Virginia and assigned to Galveston, Texas. Seized by State of Texas while under command of Revenue Captain W.F. Rogers, USRM, 2 March 1861 and turned over to the Confederate Navy.
The ship remained under Rogers' command and assisted in the defense of the Texas coast until December 1862 when it was turned over to the Confederate Army Quartermaster at Houston.
In 1864, it was sold to private interests and under the name Mary Sorley, operated as a blockade-runner. Captured by the USS Sciota off Galveston 4 April 1864 en route to Havana with a cargo of cotton.