Friday, July 26, 2013

Almost Had the 19-foot Open Bow Four-Winns Banshee

The reason I was so interested in finding more information about the blockade-runner Banshee was the name.  I always thought that was a neat name for a boat or ship.  I was already familiar with the name from my readings on blockade-running.

When we got our second boat, we decided to name it, but couldn't come up with a good name both of us liked.  This was a 1990 Four Winns 19-footer open bow runabout that we bought new.  I suggested Banshee, but Liz didn't much care for it.  We went on thinking about names.

When Liz siggested "School's Out," that quickly ended the search.  A perfect name for two teachers.  When you see us out in it, rest assured, "School Is Out."  Now that we are retired, the name of our third boat, a  2003 Bayliner, is "School's Out...Forever."  There's even a song about it.

So, a big thanks to Alice Cooper.

Sorry Banshee.  --Old B-Runner

No comments:

Post a Comment